August 1, 2008

pass the peanut butter!

Ok, it has been just way too long, but we've just been so busy. So I thought I'd share a little story. Just make sure you aren't eating.

So I was in the shower the other day when Mr. Hubsters runs up the stairs like an elephant, holding Buddy like he had some kind of plague. He plops Buddy into the shower with me and I'm like "what the..." and he takes off downstairs.

Ok great. So it turns out that Buddy had a diaper explosion. According to Mr. Hubsters, the story goes like this: Mr. Hubsters was fixing him a light snack and turned around to the all familiar quietness (which really means that Buddy is up to no good). Mr. Hubsters does a second take. "Who the heck gave him Peanut Butter?". He was staring at Buddy for like a good 2 minutes watching him smear this Peanut Butter all over the carpet, squishing it in his hands. He then realized it was only him and Buddy in the room and unless it was the Ghost of Christmas Past who happened to whiz by and pass Buddy some Peanut Butter, that it wasn't Peanut Butter, it was something unfathomable.

Needless to say, it took us an hour to clean our carpet. There was even "Peanut Butter" in all his Lego. Yum!

4 comments:

Marlene McGarrity said...

Your husband is funny! LOL Peanut Butter!

With God's Help said...

been there... on the walls... :-P

Sheena @ Mommy Daddy Blog said...

Oh my gosh, too funny! I hope mine never digs for the "peanut butter" what a mess that would be!

Unknown said...

Your husband cracked me up for a bit there, with peanut butter!

But I feel you there, all with the cleaning-the-carpet episode. We've got a nice carpet in the living room, and one can tell it's gonna be a bit tough when our baby Dianne and our baby pets (a bunny and a cat) are put into equation. But here in Naperville, carpet cleaning pros really get the job done.

Just last month, my precious carpet was already begging to be cleaned from its dust and dried droplet of drinks. Dianne's "peanut butter" was the deal breaker and I called in the pros from carpet cleaning. Naperville is surely fortunate to have them!