April 16, 2008

immobilized

Ok. I have absolutely nothing to do but type this blog or watch Buddy eat an apple. It is unfathomable how dependant we are on the basic power. In the middle of sewing, the power went out. That meant that Barney went out. That meant the iron went out. AHA! The laptop has backup battery! Great! I can surf. Nope. Wireless network out of range. Crap! Ok, let me call hubby at work. Nope. Phone out of Range. (Doesn’t these home phones have 4 hour backup battery?) ok….so I can write a blog about nothing. I think I should be a good mom and entertain Buddy for the 100th time. It’s only 10:30am and it’s totally OK that I’ve run out of things to do. Wait, those 4 pound weights are on the floor.

5 min later: ok I attempted to do some stomach crunches only to have Buddy climb on my stomach pretending I was a horse. I got out my hand weights with him lifting one for me halfway across the room almost killing himself. The silence is deafening. I got out the cordless vacuum and started vacuuming to simulate the feeling of power.

The last power outage we had was a month ago and lasted 2 hours. Those two hours were the longest of my life. I need to live on a Farm and get back to the basics! I also need to stop typing now since Buddy has found the delete key and making me retype everything again.

OH Wait! POWER IS BACK! Our lives are normal again. 20 crunches accomplished.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you for your information.