April 8, 2008

move over lynda carter, I'm taking over

I have never felt so accomplished in my life. Today, I managed to get a shower (while buddy was awake), do laundry (as in drying it too), create 9 more Hideouts, answer a dozen emails, take Buddy to the mailbox and then to the park, MAKE DINNER (which included mash potatoes, veal, rice, and carrots). Keep in mind every item added to the menu adds 15 minutes of time. In between that, putting Buddy to nap TWICE and fighting with him to eat TWICE, trying to feed myself and not starve. I think that's about it. Wait, I forgot to mention finishing a design job for a client and of course writing this blog. All before 6:30 pm.

Last night I asked Mr. Hubsters to take Buddy upstairs and fold another set of laundry while I tackle some work. They were gone for a real long time. I'm thinking wow, he must have got alot done. He comes down the stairs with Buddy in arms about an hour later and said he got 3 shirts folded. I screamed "IT TOOK YOU A FREAKING HOUR TO FOLD 3 SHIRTS?", to which he answered "I was trying to fight buddy off from throwing all the clothes on the floor!" Um OK, all you had to do was MOVE the clothes to the CENTER of the bed where he can't reach it.

I'm not bragging. Before Buddy, I was an efficient bee. I've slacked off. When I do the laundry, it IS an accomplishment. Taking the hamper from the room to the landing will require about a day. Another day to make it to the basement. Another day to move it back up to the room. Another TWO days to fold it. Add Another TWO weeks for Mr. Hubsters to fold it. I'm not kidding.

Now multiply that by 3 people's sets of laundry. Mr. Hubsters likes to do his own because he doesn't like the way I wash his clothes. HUH?

And lastly, I must not forget to thank Treehouse for making this day possible.

kinda related: when I was 7, I was Wonderwoman for halloween and my costume caught fire (while I was in it) by a candle in a pumpkin while ringing someone's doorbell. I should have sued them.

No comments: