April 3, 2008

sushi for the creatively minded



If you are a creative work at home mom and make your own products to sell, I highly recommend that you list yourself with Etsy. It's a great community of people who boast things all handmade. It's so great infact, that I have my Hideouts and Onesies listed on there. (see the Baby Boomba Etsy shop). You will also get addicted at browsing everyone else's creations. It will give you inspiration and appreciation for all the time and effort spent on creating that unique product.

While browsing, I came across this really
cool Etsy shop. She has created this Deluxe Baby Washcloth Sushi Set valued at $25.00 (that's a steal!). While glancing at this firsthand, I was like "who is selling sushi online?!" But Look closer! (click image to see it bigger)

This is so ingenious, creative and most of all different! I mean, which parent wouldn't to receive this as a baby shower gift?

This super fun Washcloth Sushi TM Set includes:♥ Tako (green octopus finger puppet)♥ Kurodai (red & white striped snapper fish finger puppet)♥ Three sushi rolls (washcloth with felt center)♥ Five white Gerber baby washcloths♥ Grosgrain 'Seaweed' - hand-stitched!♥ Felt Ginger & Felt Wasabi - hand-stitched!♥ Reusa
ble Chopsticks (color may vary from photo)♥ Bamboo & Acrylic Soba Noodle Plate (completely reusable!), 7.5"x7.5" square♥ Plastic decorative grass

While on the same subject of sushi, for Buddy's first birthday that happened a month ago, I decided to be creative and make a "sushi" dessert tray. Though it's not made up of sushi. The seaweed is made from fondant died green. The california roll is a marshmallow with coconut flakes on top to similate rice. I also have orange sugar to mimic the fish eggs on top. For the tuna sashimi, the bottom is a rice krispie square cut into a rectangular shape. The tuna salmon on top is a marshmallow sliced in half. And the seaweed and piece of wasabi is the dyed green fondant.

I've also posted a picture of the Pablo Cake (from the Backyardigans) that tweedlemum had so graciously helped me with. By the end of this whole 5+ hour process (not including the Sushi Dessert Tray), I was ready to throw out Pablo and every cooking utensil in my kitchen.

But again, all you need is imagination! And time of course.


No comments: