March 20, 2008

to shower or not to shower?

If this was 1 year, 1 month and 2 weeks ago, I would have said eww.

I normally wake up with the full intention of taking a shower. However, this can only be accomplished if Buddy is taking his morning nap or if I stick him in his high chair in front of the tv where he can clearly see me out of the corner of his eye. Which means I would have to haul his high chair up 2 flights of stairs, with his breakfast and whatever else. No, he won't sit in the swing. No he won't sit in a carseat. No, I can't let him run around my bedroom and possibly kill himself. So I normally opt for the nap method.

But I was fortunate to have Mr. Hubsters home today which really means that I can shower in peace. But working from home and trying to get a billion things done would only make the shower thing a whole procrastination.
  • 8:00 am: This time, I woke Buddy up which is usually the reverse.
  • 8:30 am: Struggle with Buddy to have him eat breakfast and not dump it all over the floor.
  • 9:00 am : Manage to get 30 seconds of Regis and Kelly before checking emails.
  • 10:00 am: I start to cut some fabric.
  • 11:00 am: Time for his nap.
  • 11:20 am: Buddy is fast asleep. Good, I can now shower. But wait, I need to finish something else. I grab the iron.
  • 11:30 am: Mr. Hubsters decides to help me build a sign for the booth at our tradeshow (after a month of nagging). He heads to the basement.
  • 12:00 pm: Door bell rings like our house is on fire. (Shhhh!!! you'll wake him up you idiot!!!). I ran halfway to the door only to realize I was still in my robe and bunny pyjamas. I yell at Mr. Hubsters to answer the door forgetting that he too was in his robe but with Homer Simpson pyjamas. It was the stupid Post Man.
  • 12:30 pm: Buddy awakes his nap and it's another 4 hours of entertaining him while trying to work, put some screws through wood, iron, sew, answer emails, dodge telemarketers, cook lunch, fight with the cat.
  • 4:00 pm: Buddy's nap time. Good, I can shower. But wait, I can use his nap time to do something more productive than showering.
  • 5:30 pm: Buddy wakes up. Mr. Hubsters is nowhere to be seen.
  • 6:00 pm: I decided that I wanted to go out to the store to buy some pants. I realize my next window of opportunity will be next Tuesday between 6:15 - 7:10pm.
  • 6:10: Mr. Hubsters is making dinner while we contemplate on me going out to buy pants.
  • 6:30 pm: I finally get in the shower.
  • 7:00 pm: We eat our spaghetti with Buddy throwing bits of pasta all over the floor.
  • 7:30 pm: Clean up
  • 8:00 pm : Something smells STINKY!!!!
  • 8:15 pm: Buddy gets a bath
  • 8:45 pm: Buddy gets to watch just 1 more episode of the Backyardigans
  • 9:00 pm: Time to put Buddy to bed.
  • 9:30 pm: Get on my computer!
  • 12:30 am: Writing this BLOG.

Moral of the Story: Use your time wisely. Do not drop by without giving me 24 hours notice. I never made it to the store. Any other Mompreneurs are welcome to share their day.

No comments: