March 28, 2008

robot babies

No, not robot chicken, robot babies.

Mr. Hubsters and I used to call his niece and 2 nephews the demolition crew. This was when they were about 2-5 years old. (They are very mature teens now). One day, we decided to do a test which would involve a kind of empty basement. It had a sofa, a TV and 3 pillows. That was it.

10 minutes passed, we went down. The place magically turned into a war zone complete with a wrecking ball. We didn't get it. I don't think there was a a feather left in any of those pillows. We sat there in hysterical laughter.

Barney came on singing to that dreaded tune "Clean up, Clean up, everybody, everywhere".... blah blah. Immediately, something went off in those 3 little brains. They started picking things up and putting them in their proper places. Quietly without hesitation. Has anyone ever seen the Manchurian Candidate?

Fast Forward to now. My own little Buddy Dude and that Purple Dinosaur who is still in syndication. Barely able to talk but when the word "Clean up" is uttered, he will pick up Lego off the floor and throw it into the toy bin.

I have hated Barney for 14 years. I vowed never to let my own child(ren) watch him. But everything I've said about everything else has gone out the window, so what difference does Barney make anyway. But I still believe he is the devil.

Got that song in your head, didn't I?

No comments: