March 30, 2008

time and energy

Everything boils down to these two words; time and energy.

After Buddy, I was asked like a billion times "How is motherhood". Even by men. Like, what answer could you possibly give them? How can men relate to what "motherhood" is like? I'm not being mean or anything, but seriously, how can you describe it? So I've come up with the perfect saying.

As Morpheus said to Neo:
"no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself" (Just replace the Matrix with Motherhood)

So what does this have to do with the topic? If I can build a template and not use up whatever energy I have left, and have my mouth open and the answers come out by itself, that would make my day.

I admit, I use to be one that would be at the grocery lineup thinking about that screaming kid "Man, that mom needs to discipline her child!" or "I'm never going to raise my kids that way!".

Ok, now that I'm on the other side (no it's not an elite side or anything), I realize that I now sympathize with those moms and dads. Yes, it came to bite me back in the ***! and I admit it!

I feel especially not worthy because I only have one child. Imagine John and Kate + 8!

With screaming kids having a meltdown at the store, remember that their parents just may not have the time and energy at that moment.

Don't judge a parent without walking an inch in their shoes!

No comments: