March 21, 2008

this is no common brain fart

So those who know me BC (before child), knew that I was an extremely organized person. I was usually "on top" of things. (Ask any ex co-worker). I still am (I'd like to think - but on a different level)

I have finally come to terms that I might be going crazy. I say this because over the past couple of months I've been doing things out of character. Most of these scenarios involve memory loss. Like forgetting what I did the past weekend, or better yet 5 minutes ago. When faced with the question "So, how was your weekend? What did you guys do?" I would be like "Huh?, I don't recall". Boiling water for pasta only to have the water evaporate because it was boiling for an hour. I won't mention the fact that there was no pasta in it or the fact that the house almost caught fire. Twice. Going to the store for ONE item: toothpaste. And coming home without it. This has happend with numerous grocery items.

Yesterday's festivities took the prize:

  • Passing my own street driving home.
  • Picking up my pyjamas to change into them and then wondering where the heck they went. Searched for 10 minutes . Realizing that I hung them up again.

The list goes on but like with everything else, I don't remember.
Crap. We still have no toothpaste. I guess there will be no smooching with anyone in the house.

Moral of the Story: Stop thinking too much

No comments: